Saturday 23 February 2019

Latest Paintings

Here are my latest efforts continuing  (mostly) my 'animal' theme.



Red Parrot 16" x 12" Waterford High White
The subject at my art group recently.



Vegetables 16" x 12"
Another art group subject. This was painted on the reverse of a previous painting.


Native American - A3 Daler Artboard

This was an attempt top give it a 'Janine Galizia' type of feel. Only moderately successful. I'm still not sure about this artboard surface. Certainly not up to the quality of Waterford or Stonehenge.



Big Cat - Waterford High White 16" x 12"

From what I'd like to achieve this is better. I'm happy with this one.



Bighorn Sheep - 16" x 12" Stonehenge Aqua
I'm reasonable happy with this one also.




Mother & Cub A3 Moldau 280gsm

I like this one. The Moldau paper from Czechoslovakia was such a pain to obtain that It's unlikely I'll get more when my supply runs out. It has a lovely surface but the paper is uneven and the best bet is to stick it down with masking tape but  it still buckles. It's a case of  my living with this.




No comments: