Friday 31 January 2020

Latest Paintings

Here are my latest efforts all 16" x 12"unless otherwise stated.



This is in my North American Indian series but ity seems this one is more likely to be Mayan


River Otter



Mother and Daughter



The late Donna Summer




Brown Hyena







The Artist Zanele Muholi

I was hesitant in posting this one. The lady in question is very dark skinned and I was in a quandary as how to portray her. The only colour used was the Daniel Smith Lunar Black. I bought this a while ago and the paint had solidified in the tube. A number of the paints I have, including this one, have gone very hard in the tubes and in the past I've ben inclined to discard them. This is an expensive business so decided in this instance to cut the tube open with a scalpel and peel the metal back. It works very well as a pan paint and despite the paint having gone hard in the tube dissolves well. Note how granular this particular colour is.










Glass & Fruit 



No comments: