Sunday 23 June 2019

Latest Paintings.

Here are my latest efforts. As usual I make the proviso that I don't post these as good just my work. All are 16" x 12" and mostly on the back of discarded paintings. You can do this if you use good quality paper in the first place. These are almost all on Waterford.



Mountain Sheep


The Apache Kid. He never surrendered and was still about in the early 20th century before vanishing for good.


A Squirrel


Maribou Stork - Nasty creatures and don't they look it!


The villain from the hit TV show 'Killing Eve'.



The eye has it!


One of my favourite birds the Goldfinch.


2 comments:

SilverMom said...

"Reflections in an Eye" is my favorite! Brilliant.

And thank you for your post on Charles Reid. He is also one of my inspirations for watercolor, especially the goal of loosening up. I had the pleasure of meeting him when he presented a watercolor workshop here in Seattle, at The Center for Wooden Boats. (To which he was gracious enough to donate a demo watercolor portrait of the Center's Native carver-in-residence. It fetched a nice price at the annual fundraiser.) He was a wonderful artist and true gentleman.

Peter Ward said...

Thanks Silvermom.