Wednesday 22 June 2016

Two More

These are my latest efforts mostly done at AVA sessions but also partly at home. I make the usual proviso that these are just my paintings and I don't hold them up as particularly good.- just mine. I have started to do more work in my `studio' after reducing my activities in other areas. I'm always looking to improve even at this late stage of my life.


Wisham Woman from as Edward Curtis photograph c1900
 16" x 12" Waterford High White 140lb (300gsm) not

This portrait did involve a slight change of technique in that I dried the painting using a hair dryer, between each phase - a la Gerard Hendriks. My fellow painters said they liked it better than some of my looser and more contrasty efforts but I'm not sure I want to take that route. Actually I don't but I continue to experiment..

Colours used were various combinations of  Cadmium Red Light, Raw Sienna, Burnt Umber, Cerulean, Ultramarine blue and Transparent Orange. Usual brushes.  


Back to animals! "An Otter" 16" x 12" Centenaire 140lb (300gsm) not

My main interests are portraits, animals, birds and the occasional still life. I've gone right off landscapes and buildings. I do other subjects when they are in the programme of my AVA group. I aim for a Colourful result using arbitrary colours - those that aren't actually there - as do Charles Reid and Gerard Hendriks.



No comments: