Friday 12 September 2014

Birds in Watercolour (2)

This is a selection of bird paintings, some from my favourite artists, others that I like but don't know much about the artist. If I've got any names wrong I do apologize. Corrections welcomed.



Gerard Hendriks


Morten E Solberg Snr



Beata Gugnacka


Bev Jozwiak 


Dean Crouser


Lars Kruse



Peter Nilsson


Susan Crouch


Gerard Hendriks



Vickie Nelson 
Kristen Borresen


Bev Jozwiak

Peter Williams

A varied selection I hope you'll agree and a wonderful demonstration showing different approaches. Even if not into birds the use of colour and movement are worth studying In the case of Bev Jozwiak they MAY be acrylic, I'm not certain as she does vary the mediums she uses.

EXTENSIVE INDEX TO BLOG POSTS - JULY 2014

6 comments:

Judy said...

Wonderful selection, Peter, thanks! I love the one by Lars Kruse!

Peter Ward said...

Thanks Judy. I think he's a former student of Gerard Hendriks.

Linda Roth said...

Some wonderful,paintings here Peter. The ones done with a loose technique seem to have captured the birds in action. Lovely

Ray Maclachlan Art said...

What a great collection Peter. Very inspiring, especially your friend Gerard. Love the action he portrays.

Polly Birchall said...

Stunning collection.

Peter Ward said...

Thanks Ray, Polly and Linda for kind comments.