Sunday 19 July 2020

Latest paintings

Here are the latest efforts. despite a post seemingly directing me to an artist who'll teach me how to draw  I'll continue on my path well aware that my painting  (and drawing) is far from the finished product.




"A Magnificent raptor" 16" x 12"


"Monkey Business" 16" x 12"
Nitram Liquid Charcoal and Daniel Smith Lunar Black



'Maori Chief' Third attempt.

I'm much happier with this one although it has received few likes on facebook.




"Jay' 12" x 9"

I'm pleased with this and it has been well received. Even my wife likes it!





'What Big Ears you have Grandma" 12" x 12"

I wasn't 100% happy with this, although that's the case with most of my paintings. However very well received on Facebook






2 comments:

SilverMom said...

You have a very special touch with eyes. The primate's eyes and the Maori chief's eyes are particularly expressive. Thanks for posting.

Peter Ward said...

Thanks Silvermom. I concentrate on th eyes before anything else.I think they are the most important single element in a painting, especially portraits.