Wednesday 16 January 2013

Evie by Gerard

I have  had the painting of my grandaughter Evie, aged 8, framed by the Meltone Gallery in Bath. This was by the Dutch artist Gerard Hendriks who painted her from a photograph that appeared on my blog, He generously gave me the completed painting, not even allowing me to pay the cost of carriage. Although never having met Gerard I have come to know him a little through Facebook and as a person his statement that he `likes to make people happy' says it all. Forces are at work to try and persuade him to come to the UK for a workshop in either this year or next, and if this does materialize I'll certainly aim to be there if at all possible. 


`Evie' by Gerard Hendriks approx. 15" x 11" Hahnemuhle 600gsm

Regular readers of the blog will know I did a major feature on Gerard and his paintings in August 2012. In the same month I posted the story of how the painting came about, `Evie by Gerard Hendriks'. 

8 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

What a superb painting. Nice and loose but with enough detail...ahhh I live to paint like that :)

Peter Ward said...

Thank you Ann. It is lovely isn't it if you like a more impressionistic approach rather than a super realistic portrait. It caught Evie beautifully.

Sandy Sandy Art said...

This is a beautiful portrait. I like Gerard Hendriks' and your style very much. Thanks for posting such entertaining and informative content!

Irena said...

It will become a family heirloom Peter.

Peter Ward said...

Welcome Sandy and thank you for your comments.

Peter Ward said...

I hope so Irena. It certainly will while I'm still alive and I hope Evie will eventually inherit, and enjoy it long after I've gone.

artist said...

Great choice of matting and framing - it adds to the look and takes nothing away from the beautiful painting of your granddaughter.

Peter Ward said...

Thanks Delilah. I deliberately went to the Meltone Gallery who are probably Bath's premier framing company and took their advice on the framing.