Friday 20 July 2018

Latest Works

Here are my latest paintings, mostly done at AVA Thursday sessions, although in some instances the drawings were completed the previous day in my home 'studio'. All are around 16" x 12" or A3 with some slightly smaller.


General George Crook - The Famous Indian Fighter

This is a modification of the painting posted on Facebook. I decided it was too plain so added the blue to his uniform.


'Breakfast'

This one of a Thrush was changed slightly as I felt I'd made the body too fat so added the dark colour Turquoise on the left over the original so reducing the body width. Possibly the blackish green Perylene Green (Schmincke) would have been better.


A Young Amerindian Woman

In this instance the guide photo, as they tend to be, was black and white. and the only discernible detail was that I've shown. The rest was dark so after looking at how a variety of artists treat portraits adopted a minimalist approach. I like it but many may not.



Bird & Blossoms.

This is actually smaller- about 12" x 9"



"Harmony'

I liked the contrast between the dark of the birds and the white flowers.



'In a Rush'

This male Grebe was travelling at speed across the water and I tried to recreate this in the painting.





3 comments:

Lorettamarie said...

Beautiful paintings! I love the simplicity of the american indian woman :)

Unknown said...

Some very nice work here Peter. Well done. I am trying hard to get BACK to watercolour after a long hiatus where I devoted my time and efforts to Fibre Arts.

Peter Ward said...

Thanks for comments both.