At the most recent AVA session the subject was seed heads. Not an easy subject but I managed to find a few small branches of berries. Not perhaps as intended when the subjects were drawn up but they are seeds after all.
This was my small arrangement
This is only the second painting I've done since I damaged my hand. I coped alright but holding paintbrushes is still awkward. The other factor was that I've hardly done anything - not just over the injury - for nearly three months. Apart from the problems of dry paint - necessitating regular use of the spray bottle - I read once that you need to paint three times a week just to maintain existing standards and more than this if you wish to improve. I was therefore slightly apprehensive. I was reasonably happy with the result although it seemed my ability to do small areas of detail is still impeded.
I used a lot of Schminke Translucent Orange (PO71) and lesser amounts of Quinacridone Rose for the berries, Sap and Apatite Green for the foliage and some Teal Blue to make the vase stand out from the background. I know it is far from perfect but hopefully I can continue to improve with regular painting. Brushes were my usual Isabey, Escoda and Rosemary retractables 4, 6 (Isabey), 8, 10 and 12.