I finally finished the Bullfinch painting so here it is.
Male Bullfinch. 16" x 12 Waterford 140lb (300gsm) Not
The black is Ivory Black from Maimeri. Blue is Cerulean and the orange-red is mainly Translucent Orange (Schminke (PO71) with some Qinacridone Rose (Graham PV19) in various dilutions. The berries are Quinacridone Rose in different strengths,. There is some Quinacriodone Gold (DS PO49) in the background. This was a more careful painting than the one that follows.
Southern Carmine Bee-eaters. Approx 13" x 12" Paper Unknown - just an odd piece I happened to have.
This is this weeks subject at `Paint Colorful Birds for Fun', set up on Facebook by the artist Robin Berry in association with Gerard Hendriks. Fascinating to see the various approaches by different artists particularly Gerards and Robins contributions. Anyone can join in. On the birds I used Turquoise (Lukas PB16) and Cobalt Teal Blue (Daniel Smith PG50), Quinacridone Coral (DS), Translucent Orange (Schminke PO71), Burnt Umber to darken, some Ivory Black (Maimeri), Quinacridone Gold (Daniel Smith PO49), Raw Umber and some Cerulean. I think that's it! Isabey brushes up to size 8. Gerard paints his versions as small sketches. I tried not to be over fussy and quite quick at 40 - 50 mins. I used two different photographs which is why the birds colouring varies although I did try to `link' them together - if that is the right word.